About the Program
Designed for emerging leaders in Local Government and those who aspire to positions of leadership, the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) is an intense, enriching year of seminars, visits, tours, discussions, interactive activities and debate that foster participants’ leadership potential.
Participants gain access to practical insight from leaders across the sector, develop their leadership capabilities and professional attributes, forge new relationships across the sector, build stronger links between areas of expertise and increase their appreciation of the wider and emerging issues in local government.
We value and celebrate diversity in the Emerging Leaders Program and recognise that some people face greater barriers to leadership opportunities than others. For this reason, we strongly encourage applicants who are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQ* (especially transgender, intersex and gender diverse people), people with disabilities, women, and people from CALD backgrounds to apply. If you are a member of one of these communities and require additional information and/or assistance, please reach out.
For further information contact Leanne Bickley at [email protected] or phone (03) 9268 6401.
Want to know more about the program at your own pace? Click Program Scope
for more detail and Program Outline
for the schedule.
Congratulations to the following participants selected for the 2022 program:
LGPro are proud to support and fund two scholarships for nominees who identify as Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islanders. Congratulations to:
- Vanessa Bove - Manningham City Council
- Jade Glen - Baw Baw Shire Council
- Jay Jeyakanthan - Mildura Rural City Council
- Janet Reid - Casey City Council
- Shae Elms - Glen Eira City Council
- Jon Liston - Brimbank City Council
- Vishal Tandon - Macedon Ranges Shire Council
- Katrina Thorne - Gannawarra Shire Council
- Christine Butcher - Moreland City Council
- Janyce McMurtrie - Greater Bendigo Council
- Amy Carson - Moreland City Council
- Jacqui Kelly - Cardinia Shire Council
- Nellie Montague - Port Phillip City Council
- Steven Van Orsouw - Moyne Shire Council
- Trent Carpenter - Yarra City Council
- Camille Hoyle - Kingston City Council
- Elizabeth Atkin - Hepburn Shire Council
- Pieta Bucello - Cardinia Shire Council
- Ben Fletcher - Rural City of Wangaratta
- Melinda Cartwright - Knox City Council
- Cheree Hunter - Banyule City Council
- Katrina Nughes - Monash City Council
- Ashley Minniti - Maribyrnong City Council
- Jareth Goss - South Gippsland Shire Council
- Zali Mifsud, Indigenous Portfolio Officer - Kingston City Council
- Billy Gristwood, Infrastructure Protection Officer - Whittlesea Council