About the Special Interest Group
The Reconciliation Action Network Special Interest Group will address the following:
• Reconciliation Action Plans (RAPs): The group will focus on all aspects of RAPs, including the process of drafting, implementing, and scoping these plans within the context of local government.
• Best Practices: Members will share and discuss best practices for creating effective RAPs that contribute to reconciliation efforts within their local government organizations.
• Learning Opportunity: It will serve as a learning opportunity for those who want to understand the journey of Reconciliation, regardless of their prior knowledge or experience.
• Networking: The group will provide a platform for local government professionals to network, collaborate, and exchange ideas on reconciliation initiatives.
• Support: Members will have the opportunity to seek advice and support from peers who are actively engaged in Reconciliation Action Plans or are in the process of developing them.
• Awareness and Education: The group may also engage in awareness-building and educational activities related to reconciliation, fostering a deeper understanding among its members.
Overall, the group's primary focus is on RAPs within local government contexts, but it also aims to facilitate learning, collaboration, and support for individuals interested in the broader journey of reconciliation.