About the program
The LGPro Mastering Management Program is designed to equip forward-thinking managers with the skills, knowledge, and mindset to lead with confidence and capability to effectively manage the diversity, complexity and competing agendas in the contemporary world of Local Government.
This highly engaging program sets out to strengthen the awareness and management capability of participants with a focus on three core leadership development areas:
• Leading Self – growing self-awareness and personal capability
• Leading Others - creating a culture that nurtures successful teams and partnerships
• Leading in Local Government – leading within your organisation and the community.
This program will explore diverse perspectives on what ‘good leadership’ is, and how these different perspectives relate to the aspirations participants have for their own leadership. It assists individuals to build on their unique strengths and motivations to be the authentic and successful leaders they want to be.
The program will include a range of individual and group activities to stimulate personal and professional growth, and to build valuable networks within the local government sector. Participants will be introduced to a range of leadership and management concepts, research and tools which can be applied in practical and powerful ways within organisations. The program activities will include interactive group engagement, exploring real life scenarios, and fostering reflective practice.
The program will explore a range of leadership issues including the following:
• self-awareness - understanding personal motivations, styles, strengths, and vulnerabilities
• sustaining health, wellbeing, and resilience
• values and ethical decision making
• working with diversity - individuals and groups
• growing successful teams and partnerships
• building a learning organisation
• leading people through change
• maximising the power of shared purpose and collaboration in complex systems
Leading in Local Government:
• leadership, accountability, and good governance in local government
• enabling access, equity, and inclusion
• community engagement and customer focused service provision
The program will include:
• A short online introductory session
• A residential program held over two days
• Four in-person workshop sessions over a four month period
• Two online seminars with guest presenters
• Two individual coaching sessions with experienced leadership coaches
• An action learning project designed by each participant which is relevant to their role