Nominations open Wednesday 23 September!
The LGPro Awards for Excellence promote and celebrate the outstanding work being undertaken and delivered by individuals and teams working in Local Government in Victoria. They are the key awards for the Victorian Local Government sector. This year ten award categories will be offered:
- Innovative Management Initiative
- Service Delivery Initiative
- Special Projects Initiative
- Community Partnerships Initiative
- Community Assets & Infrastructure Initiative - projects $2.5m and under
- Community Assets & Infrastructure Initiative - projects over $2.5m
- Sustainability Initiative
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Indigenous Community Partnership Initiative
- Young Achiever
Councils will be able to nominate by submitting nominations via an online portal. For each nomination we require two nominators and they are required to be LGPro Members or Fellows (one must be the CEO of the nominating Council). In the case of a team nomination, it is a requirement that one team member is also an LGPro Member or Fellow.
Councils may nominate more than one initiative. Multiple nominations from a Council are permitted, provided that the same initiative is not entered in more than one category. We encourage Councils to nominate initiatives that have been implemented for 12 months or more. This is to allow enough time to demonstrate measurable outcomes and benefits to the community. Projects that do not have demonstrable outcomes generally do not score well with the judges, which is why it is not recommended to nominate a project in the planning phase.
There is no cost to nominate if your Council is a LGPro Council Subscriber. The following cost applies to Non Council Subscribers:
- Large Council - $600 for the first nomination and $100 for every nomination thereafter
- Medium Council - $400 for the first nomination and $80 for every nomination thereafter
- Small Council - $200 for the first nomination and $60 for every nomination thereafter
(If you are unsure whether your Council is a Subscriber, please contact the office on ph: 9268 6400 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and challenges associated with holding physical award ceremonies in person, it is likely that the Awards ceremony will be held online in the New Year. Further information will be made available soon.
Nominations will close 5pm, Monday 23 November 2020.
For any queries about the Awards, please contact Diana Pawluk, Manager Events on ph: (03) 9268 6404 or email: email@example.com .
You can read about the 2020 Award Winners and Finalists across all the categories in the publication below.