About the awards
The LGPro Awards for Excellence promote and celebrate the outstanding work being undertaken and delivered by individuals and teams working in Local Government in Victoria.
There are 11 award categories this year including a new small rural Council award category, introduced in recognition of the resource challenges faced by these Councils. Small rural Councils nominating across any of the original categories (except Young Achiever) will automatically be entered into this category without having to make a separate submission.
Initiatives, projects or programs that have been implemented for greater than 12 months are best placed for nomination as they allow enough time to demonstrate measurable outcomes and community benefits. As some Councils have fast tracked initiatives due to the pandemic however, initiatives that have been in effect for under 12 months may be nominated as long as demonstrable outcomes exist. As demonstrated outcomes are highly regarded by the judges, projects in the planning phase are not recommended to be nominated.
Categories on offer this year include:
- First Nations Community Partnership Initiative
- Innovative Management Initiative
- Service Delivery Initiative
- Special Projects Initiative
- Community Partnerships Initiative
- Community Assets & Infrastructure Initiative (projects $2.5m and under)
- Community Assets & Infrastructure Initiative (projects over $2.5m)
- Sustainability Initiative
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Young Achiever
- Outstanding Small Rural Council Initiative
Nominees are advised to read the 2022 Awards for Excellence Invitation to Nominate prior to nomination which contains the judging criteria, online questions and material to be supplied as part of the nomination process.