Provide participants with strategies for using a calm, factual, positive and respectful approach when managing customer conversations around COVID-Safe directives in Local Government environments.
While this course will offer guidance and strategies for managing all types of challenging customer conversations, the specific focus for this workshop is on helping Local Government Professionals manage the potential conflicts that may arise when helping residents and visitors understand current COVID-Safe access requirements to particular council services.
• Understanding your stress response
• Remaining customer focused: putting the person before process
• The ELARA strategy: Engage|Listen|Acknowledge|Respect|Ask for help
• De-escalation language: avoiding fire-starters and displaying empathy
• De-escalation strategies: remaining calm and focused
• Know the protocols: understand the current policies
• Shared experiences: What you can learn from others
• Front line staff and leaders of front line staff.
Download full brochure here.